Faculty are an integral component of the success of study abroad programming at Viterbo University. The Study Abroad Office (SAO) at Viterbo provides administrative and logistical support for faculty-led study abroad programs, which in turn has sent hundreds of Viterbo students abroad. Viterbo's short-term, faculty-led programs are designed to offer diverse opportunities to all students and to a wide variety of destinations. These types of opportunities would not be possible without our faculty partners and the efforts and dedication they pore into these programs.
This section of the website is intended for faculty to use as a resource to help engage with study abroad at Viterbo. Please be sure to reach out to the Study Abroad Office as we look forward to helping you in your quest to venture abroad.
Benefits of Faculty-led Programs
- Provides a component of experiential learning objectives to already established courses
- Allows for an opportunity to connect with students in a more meaningful manner
- Enhances one's global competency, which can then be passed onto students
- Accommodates a supported method for one to travel and conduct academic work abroad
- Provides an opportunity for students to have a short-term experience abroad in an academic setting
- Allows for credit to be earned toward their major or minor
- Grants students the opportunity to build strong connections with VU faculty members
- Affords students to partake in programs that are pre-planned and well-structured
Director, Study Abroad