The mission of the Viterbo University social work program is to prepare baccalaureate students for entry level generalist social work practice. In an atmosphere of integrity and respect, students will develop professional knowledge, values, and skills for service provision and social change. The program is guided by the Franciscan values of human dignity, social justice, strengths of diverse populations, and respect for disenfranchised members of our global society.
- Prepare students for beginning generalist social work practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
- Prepare students for social work practice with diverse populations and cultures.
- Prepare student in the use of social work research to inform and evaluate practice.
- Prepare students for development of a professional identity consistent with social work values and ethics.
- Prepare students to promote social and economic justice for disenfranchised groups through social change advocacy.