There has been an explosion in scientific and technological initiatives at the interface of biology, chemistry, mathematics, and engineering. Innovations that result in life saving medical discoveries and address our ever-changing environmental challenges, discoveries from genetic engineering to the development of nano-materials. More than ever before, today's scientists are asking tougher questions—challenging questions—that can be best answered by crossing the lines that have, until recently, separated the traditional science and math disciplines.
The School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering offers:
- programs in biochemistry, biology, chemistry, engineering, environmental science, mathematics, neuroscience, and sport science.
- the latest scientific and mathematical techniques and methods within cross-disciplinary programs.
- faculty in biology, chemistry, engineering, and math that work cooperatively to ensure each student gets the best possible education.
- preparation for a broad range of careers—medical professions, graduate school, government and private sector research, and teaching.
- opportunities to conduct undergraduate research with a faculty mentor in research projects, many of which are at the interface of biology, chemistry, engineering, and math.
Students are encouraged to think wisely about their roles as stewards of community resources and the many ethical dilemmas facing today's scientists, engineers and mathematicians. They do this in a new, state-of-the-art facility dedicated to science, ethics, and technology. The D.B. and Marge Reinhart Center features wireless Internet access and distance-learning technology that eliminates barriers of space and time, opening a new world of learning possibilities.
Learn more about the exciting advancements in the natural sciences, mathematics, and engineering at Viterbo University by contacting Michael Alfieri, Ph.D., Assistant Dean, College of Education, Engineering, Letters, and Sciences at email@example.com.
Check out our Viterbo STEM Facebook page for news and information about STEM-related events.