Over a century ago, the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration recognized the importance of educating the whole person when they began teaching young students in the La Crosse area. This tradition continues to guide educational direction at Viterbo through liberal arts programs in the humanities; foundations, ways of thinking, and mission seminars in the core curriculum; and serving as a vital center for research and scholarship in the La Crosse region.
Humanities Programs at Viterbo
- Majors in art education; English; English education; ethics, culture, and society; religious studies and theology; social studies education; Spanish; and Spanish education.
- Minors in art, English language arts, English literature, English writing, ethics, history, interpreting studies, Latin American and/or Latino/a studies, legal studies, philosophy, political science, religious studies and philosophy, servant leadership, and Spanish.
- Certificate in community interpreting.
- Faculty members who are dedicated to helping students develop their critical thinking, analysis, logic, communication and research skills.
- Preparation for a broad range of graduate school programs including art, English, law, library science, education, history, philosophy, Spanish, and Christian counseling or seminary degrees.
- Opportunities to work with faculty mentors to develop and present undergraduate research and artistic works.
- Alumni accepted into graduate programs, or with successful careers in law, public service, non-profits, public relations, writing and publishing.