Skip to main content
- Academic_Policy_Exception_Form To be completed by students seeking an exception to any university academic policy listed in the academic policy section of the university catalogs. Approval of the adviser and school dean prior to the submission of the form to the vice president for academic affairs is required. Any supporting forms or materials should accompany the exception request form, e.g. Change of Schedule form.
- Application for CertificateTo be completed by students during the registration process for their final non-degree program/licensure/endorsement course at Viterbo. Form is used in ordering the certificate. Form will not be accepted later than six months after the last day of the term in which course requirements for the program were completed.
- Application for Degree
To be completed by most students during the registration process for their final semester at Viterbo. Form is used to relay information to candidates for graduation about the ceremony and other events associated with Commencement. It is also used in ordering diplomas. Absolute deadline is January 15 for May/Summer graduates and September 15 for December graduates. This form should also be completed by MAEd students, educational leadership track (Iowa) who will complete requirements in May or December. Any MAEd student who will complete requirements in the summer, including with Proseminar, will be sent materials which include the information on the Application for Degree form.
- Application for Academic Forgiveness
Students who reenter Viterbo University after a minimum of two years absence from Viterbo University may apply for academic forgiveness of previous course work at Viterbo.
- Application for Reentry
To be completed by students returning to Viterbo to complete a program in the same degree as when they were in attendance previously. Students should select the appropriate online application and select the appropriate answer to the question about having attended Viterbo before. The application will indicate you are a reentry student automatically. Deadline is Aug. 1 for fall semester, Dec. 15 for spring semester, and April 1 for summer.
- Audit course formForm to be completed during registration or the first week of class. Requires the consent of the instructor. No credit is received for an audited course. The tuition/fees for audit courses are the same as for credit courses. See the Undergraduate Catalog or the Graduate Catalog for more information.
- Change of Grade form To be used by faculty to change a grade.
- Change of Address - Students should complete this form to an enact address or hometown newspaper change. You can log directly into VitNet Self-Service in order to change your phone or e-mail.
- Change of Major/Minor/Catalog/Advisor
Use these forms to change/add/delete a major or minor, change catalogs, or request an advisor change
- Cooperative Program with the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
This program allows Viterbo and UWL students to take courses at each campus on a space available basis. Other restrictions apply. Please click through for forms and additional information.
- Curriculum/Course Change FormTo be used by department chairs/deans to make changes to courses.
- Curriculum Change Cheat Sheet
- Declaration to add/drop a certificateTo be completed by students seeking a degree at Viterbo who also want to seek a graduate or undergraduate certificate. This is not to be used by students only completing requirements for a certificate.
- Change Grad track/emphasis formTo be completed by students declaring a specific focus of the MBA/MASL programs, changing tracks in the Graduate Nursing program, or changing/adding programs within Educational Leadership.
- Incomplete Grade RequestTo be completed by the student, printed, and signed by the instructor. See the Undergraduate Catalog or the Graduate Catalog for the incomplete grade policy and the respective Important Dates page for submission deadline.
- Independent StudyForm to be returned to the Registrar's Office by the end of the first week of the semester (deadline to add a course). Must be approved and signed by the student, instructor, and school dean. See the Undergraduate Catalog or the Graduate Catalog for more information.
- Permission to Waive/Substitute Degree Reqiuirements formForm should be submitted when any changes are made to a student's required coursework. Upon approval and submission to the registrar's office the changes (waiver or substitution) is reflected in the student's degree audit.
- Permit into ClassForm must accompany registration into a class that is closed/full.
- Permit into Honors ClassForm must accompany registration into an honors class.
- Prerequisite WaiverForm must accompany any registration where the prerequisites are not met.
- Program Change FormTo be used by department chairs/deans to make changes to major, minor, or other program requirements.
- Curriculum Change Cheat Sheet (pdf)To be used by students majoring in programs in the School of Humanities. This form will notify the registrar's office of completion of the requirement so the degree audit can reflect completion of the requirement.
- School of Humanities Graduation Requirement Completion Form
- Senior Citizen Educational Enrichment Program
Persons 62 years of age or older are able to audit Viterbo coursework at no charge on a space available basis for fall or spring semesters Other restrictions apply. Please click through for forms and additional information.
- Special Topics Request FormTo be used by faculty to submit a special topics course offering.
- Transfer Course Approval
Students should complete this form if they wish to take a course at another college or university. If completed correctly, and prior to attendance at another school, this form provides a "guarantee" of transfer.
- Time Overlap formForm to register where a time conflict between two or more classes exists.
Students should use this online form to COMPLETELY withdraw (drop ALL classes) from Viterbo University after the semester has started. Students submitting this form will have all classes removed from their schedule and tuition and financial aid adjusted. Students wishing to drop a portion of their classes for the term should use VitNet, or stop into the Registrar's Office.