Personal training services are currently available.
Personal Training Program Goals/Objectives
- Individualized training programs for clients.
- Train clients on proper form and usage on machines and free weights.
- Provide knowledge to clientele, so they can become comfortable working out after sessions are over with the trainer.
We have multiple options for calculating fat-free body mass and fat mass:
- 3-point skinfold caliper test: measurements at triceps, suprailiac, and thigh for females, and the chest, abdominal, and thigh for males.
- Waist-hip ratio: circumference measurements will be taken from the smallest portion of the hips and the largest portion of the abdomen.
- TANITA Bioelectrical Impedance scale: step barefoot on a scale that estimates body fat by measuring the amount of resistance an electrical impulse encounters.
Trainers will also go through an analysis and explanation of these numbers after the testing is complete. Testing may take anywhere from 15-45.
During a fitness assessment the trainer will go through a variety of tests to see where you currently are in your fitness goals. This includes: heart rate, blood pressure, height/weight, waist-to-hip ratio, body composition, cardiovascular, flexibility, muscular strength, and muscular endurance tests. Testing should be expected to take roughly one hour of submaximal work. Tennis shoes and loose fitting, breathable clothing is highly recommended.