- Viterbo University and the greater La Crosse community host a wide variety of activities and opportunities to get involved. The Office of Campus Activities aims to provide students with low-cost or free opportunities to stay busy when not in classes. There's always something to do—events range from weekend programs, free movie nights, special holiday celebrations, athletics events, to Fine Arts Center performances. Students can also join student organizations or get involved in Viterbo’s National Society of Leadership and Success to build helpful skills for their post-college careers. To get involved, students need look no further than the office of Campus Activities.
- Fall and spring semester Mass schedules include daily Mass and Sunday Masses at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. in San Damiano Chapel. The Campus Ministry webpage provides the worship schedule, information on Campus Ministry programs, and service trips.
- Counseling Services is located in the Student Development Center. Those needing someone to talk with, short-term counseling, or referrals to other counselors are encouraged to make an appointment using the Counseling Services webpage or at 608-796-3825. The webpage includes information on self-help, other area counseling services, screenings for alcohol, drug, depression, anxiety, and eating disorders.
- The Student Health Services office is located in the Student Development Center. The university nurse will provide some medical treatment, non-prescription medications, consultations, and referral services. Immunizations and lab testing for strep throat and UTI are also offered for a fee. Hours are weekdays from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters. The Health Services website provides information on Viterbo campus health services, healthy living, and health updates.
- The Mathy Center is a 58,000 square foot recreational facility that is shared between Viterbo University and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse. Each entity has dedicated spaces for their members as well as shared, selected spaces throughout the facility. Amenities available to students include fitness center, locker rooms, indoor track, gymnasium, and multipurpose room.
- The Department of Recreation and Leadership offers a wide array of programs including Intramural Sports, Sport Clubs, Special Events, Fitness Services (Group Fitness & Personal Training), and Wellness Education to the Viterbo community. The department is housed in the Amie L. Mathy Center for Recreation and Education.
- The residence life staff understands how important it is for parents to be reassured that their child is leaving home for an environment that has their child's best interest at heart. We understand that sending your child off to college, especially for the first time, sparks a whole host of emotions. Get more information for parents regarding Residence Life.
Security and Safety
- Campus Safety may be contacted 24 hours a day by calling 608-796-3911. The Campus Safety website provides information on safety alerts, emergency preparedness, safety tips ,and safety related apps and videos