From Day One to Graduation Day: Statistics That Make Us Proud - November 2018 eNewsletter
A Letter from President Glena Temple
November at Viterbo University is a thankful time indeed. I am grateful for the colorful foliage, the crisp autumn air, and an another academic year that’s changing lives in powerful ways. Most of all, I am thankful for the incredible young men and women who choose to attend Viterbo, for the parents who support them, and for the employers who hire them in the beginning of what is sure to be a great career.
From day one to graduation day, the accomplishments and character of our students impresses me and makes me proud. Let me share with you just a few statistics that I think will interest and inspire you as well—some interesting facts about this year’s freshman class, and details about the job placement rates of Viterbo’s graduates.
Interesting Facts About This Year’s Freshman Class
- There are 292 new freshmen, 95 percent of whom live on campus.
- Viterbo received applications from students in 40 states. Enrolling in the freshman class are students from 12 states. Athletics and the music theatre program both draw nationally.
- Thirty-four percent of this year’s freshmen are first generation college students—the first in their families to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
- The average incoming GPA is 3.59 and the average ACT score is between 23 and 24.
- Sixty-nine percent of our freshman students come from Wisconsin.
A College Education with ROI: Job Placement Rates for Recent Graduates
I am proud to report that job placement rates for Viterbo University graduates continue to be very high. In addition to the excellent academic preparation Viterbo students receive, internships, research and clinical opportunities, field practicums, and other experiences have them ready for professional employment or graduate school on the day they graduate. As an institution, Viterbo places tremendous importance on maintaining close relationships with area employers.
Our career services team also provides career counseling and education to our students, resume assistance, mock interviews, career fairs, and other services. Year after year, Viterbo University achieves an excellent placement rate. Viterbo’s overall placement rate for 2017 was 99 percent, with a 91 percent placement rate in the graduates’ fields of study. An education from Viterbo continues to be an excellent investment.