Sport Management and Leadership (B.B.A.)
Viterbo’s sport management and leadership program provides students with an education that features real world amateur and professional sport experiences and interactions with professionals in the industry. In addition to business concepts and theories, students will learn new perspectives and skills in athlete, facilities, and project management, as well as problem-solving, leadership, and ethical decision-making.
- All students pursuing the B.B.A. degree must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in the major requirement courses, and students must receive a letter grade of C (2.0) or higher in each of these courses. If a grade of CD or below is earned in any of these courses, the course must be repeated until a grade of C or higher is achieved. Students pursuing the business education major must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in all business and education coursework.
- All transfer students seeking an undergraduate degree offered by the Dahl School of Business must earn a minimum of 15 credits of business coursework at Viterbo University.
- Understand and appreciate the influence that cultural traditions, social values, psychosocial and international experiences have on sport managers.
- Apply managerial and leadership theories and techniques as they relate to the sport industry.
- Analyze ethical issues to develop a personal philosophy regarding social responsibility in the sport management setting.
- Apply marketing concepts related to the sport industry to create effective internal and external communications.
- Apply principles of finance and budgeting within sport-related agencies with various organizational structures, functions, and authority.
- Apply legal concepts as they relate to the sport management and leadership environment.