Incoming students are invited to apply for the Honors Program based on:
- ACT scores of 26 or higher (SAT combined scores of 1200 or higher)
- A high school grade point average of 3.5 or higher
- Evidence of leadership and service during high school.
Students should submit:
- New Student Program Application
- 2-3 page essay that addresses the following questions:
- What can you bring to the honors program?
- What do you hope to achieve as a member of the program?
- Letter of recommendation from a high school administrator or teacher.
Applications are reviewed on an on-going basis. Students who do not meet one of the ACT/GPA requirements noted above are also encouraged to apply, especially if they demonstrate particular interest, motivation, and leadership potential.
Current Viterbo Students
Students that are currently enrolled at Viterbo and carry a GPA of 3.4 or higher may also apply for admission. These students should submit the following materials to the Honors Director (electronically or hard copies are accepted):
- Letter of application
- Writing sample of 3-4 pages
- 2 letters of support from Viterbo faculty pointing to both academic and service engagement.
Applications are reviewed on an on-going basis. Viterbo students not enrolled in the program may take Honors sections of General Education courses with the permission of the instructor and the Honors Program Co-Directors.