Join Campus Ministry for our Magnify Retreat Friday, Nov. 22–Sunday, Nov. 24, 2019
Deadline to register is Wednesday, Nov. 13
(There will also be another Magnify Retreat in the spring semester (March 20-22). More details to come.)
What is Magnify?
Magnify is a student-led Christian retreat (founded in the Catholic Franciscan tradition) with the goal of helping students live a more complete and dedicated Christian life through the building of an intentional and vibrant community. Persons of all faith traditions are welcomed and encouraged to attend!
- escape the stress of your busy student life for a weekend
- have the opportunity to talk openly about your faith, your doubts, and your fears
- live a life of prayer and learn more about Christ
- make connections with other students and members of your community who are striving to live a full Christian life
- have a chance to be YOU, just as God so masterfully created!
What it is…
- a chance to experience a vibrant Christian community while having the opportunity to (re)discover and renew your faith. This is done through small-group discussions, reflections on speaker talks and meditations, time for ritual, time for prayer and contemplation, and opportunities to build new relationships with other students.
What it is not…
- a basic course in the creed, the commandments, doctrine, etc.
How much does it cost?
- $20 for Viterbo students
- $75 for non-Viterbo students
- If there is a need for financial assistance, please contact Emilio Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I sign up?
- Fill out the webform at the bottom of this page as soon as possible! Sign up deadline is Nov. 13
When and where is this thing?
- Meet us at the San Damiano Chapel on Friday, Nov. 22, at 3:30 p.m. We will then board our bus to head to Camp Gray (Reedsburg, Wis.), where we will stay the remainder of the weekend.
- You will return to the Viterbo campus by 5:30-6 p.m. at the latest on Sunday, Nov. 24.
What do I bring?
- Once you fill out registration, you will be sent a more detailed packing list. Nothing out of the ordinary is expected. You'll bring clothing, pillow, bedding/sleeping bag, towel, toiletries, water bottle, and anything else you need to be comfortable. You will be encouraged to leave all electronics and homework at home/school to allow for space from the distractions of everyday life.