The faculty, administration, and staff are pleased you have chosen to enroll at Viterbo University to pursue your undergraduate studies. The first step in your journey is Student Transition and Registration (STAR). This one-day program is designed to:
- Register you for fall classes, take your ID picture, help you learn more about being a college student, and connect you with your classmates!
- Introduce you and your parents/guardians to the Viterbo University community.
We hope that STAR will prepare you to be a confident first-year Viterbo University student. You will be ready to meet the challenges of higher education by:
- Beginning to build student confidence and ease anxiety about the transition to college.
- Informing parents/guardians about issues affecting you as a student.
- Learning about academic standards and expectations.
- Being introduced to student support services.
As a new incoming freshman student, you are required to attend one of the registration days. Parents/guardians are also invited and encouraged to attend.
STAR Dates for 2020
- Monday, June 15
- Tuesday, June 16
- Thursday, June 18
- Friday, June 19
Students may sign up for one of the four 2020 STAR dates starting in March 2020. If none of the scheduled dates will work, admitted freshman students may sign up for an individual registration appointment (aka registration in absentia) via a separate link. You will then work with an advisor by phone or email to register for your classes. All information that is given to students during STAR will be sent to your home after the last listed STAR date. If registering in absentia, you are not required to report to campus for your registration appointment. Questions can be directed to Admissions at 608-796-3010.
- Viterbo Bookstore
- Business Office Information for Students
- Financial Aid Office
- Parent Portal Information
Schedule for the day
(Schedule is the same for each day listed above.)
7:15 – 8:00 a.m. Check-in, Continental Breakfast (photo ID pictures taken)
8:00 – 8:30 a.m Welcome
8:30 – 11:45 a.m. Registration/Additional Information Sessions
11:45 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch / Residence Life and Orientation Q& A
1:15 – 2:00 p.m. Welcome to your program: Planning for Success
2:15 – 2:30 p.m Closing
2:30 – 3:00 p.m Viterbo Information Fair
Bookstore open from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Einstein’s coffee and bagel samples – 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.