Instructional Support Services (ISS) manages and supports instructional and curriculum design efforts by providing instructional design services, supporting the effective use of the University LMS (Moodle), , faculty and adjunct development efforts, and administering various academic technologies for Academic Affairs, including course evaluations, test scanning, and video asset management (Ensemble).
Areas of support include the following:
- Moodle and integrated technologies, such as Lockdown Browser
- Web conferencing support (Zoom)
- Optical test scanning
- Media digitization
- Assistance with video production/recording
- Student course evaluation administration
- Adapting and designing course activities for learner-centered environments (both online and face-to-face)
- Effectively choosing and using technologies for teaching and learning
- Identifying efficiencies in course management
- Curricular redesign
- Online course design
- Creating interactive learning tools
Instructors also have access to the Learning Commons, MRC 248, which features a Smartboard, collaboration space, and a media production suite for recording learning objects.
For additional information related to Instructional Support Services, please visit the Instructional Support Services intranet site (available to faculty, adjunct faculty, and staff):
How Can We Help?
Do you have questions about the tools available to you as an instructor? Or would you like help with course design? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We are happy to help.
Alternatively, you can submit an IIT Help Desk request:
Tutorials and how-to videos are available on a variety of topics, including Moodle and Office 365.
In-person sessions are scheduled during faculty in-service and out-service weeks, as well as on an as-needed basis. If you would like to schedule a session, please email email@example.com.