- Counselor Education Research Application: Innovative Learning
- Compassion Satisfaction and Fatigue: Caring for Aging Populations
- Examining Domestic and International Marital Values and Satisfaction
- Student Mental Health Awareness Baseline Survey
- Awarded the 2015–2016 Research Fellowship for the D.B. Reinhart Institute for Ethics in Leadership
- Elected to the Executive Board for the Wisconsin Counseling Association: 2014–Current
Publications, Presentations, and Performances
- Thorson-Olesen, S. J. (2012). Marital values and satisfaction: Considerations for domestic and international couples. (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest database.
- Presenter at the Wisconsin Counseling Association Annual Conference. (2013). Compassionate conversations to promote quality of life. Madison, Wis.
- Presenter at the Wisconsin Counseling Association Annual Conference. (2013). Resiliency care package. Madison, Wis.
- Presenter at the National Institute for the Teaching of Psychology. (2015). The art of teaching psychology and managing student mental health. St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Presenter at the International Convention of Psychological Science. (2015). Domestic and international marital values and satisfaction. Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Presenter at the American Psychological Association National Convention. (2015). Caring for aging populations: Compassion fatigue and satisfaction. Toronto, Canada.
- Presenter at the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference. (2015). Helping learners move from apprehension to action: Counselor education and research. Philadelphia, Pa.