Viterbo’s psychology program provides students with faculty mentors who teach a curriculum that includes development, emotions, social influences on behavior, the brain, cognitive processes, mental health, communication, and interpersonal skills. The coursework and experiences in this program prepare students to become licensed counselors or to pursue advanced degrees in a variety of medical, research, private, or nonprofit sectors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key concepts, principles, and theories in primary content domains of psychology
- Employ scientific reasoning and critical thinking when evaluating and conducting psychological research
- Explain and apply ethical principles and standards in the evaluation of psychology science and practice
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills as they relate to psychological science and practice
- Identify their interests and strengths in order to determine realistic and meaningful career options