Prospective music majors and minors are required to complete an audition for the music faculty. Admission to the music program is contingent upon admission to Viterbo University (apply online). If you are unsure of your application status, contact the admissions office at 608-796-3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prospective music majors should perform two contrasting pieces on either voice or piano, preferably from memory.
- Prospective music minors should perform one piece on either voice or piano, preferably from memory.
- Sight sing, match pitches, and sight read at the piano.
- Complete an informal interview with the faculty.
- Prospective music majors should submit a resume and a letter of recommendation from a music teacher.
A faculty accompanist will be provided for the music auditions.
Audition Dates for 2019–2020
- Saturday, December 7, 2019
- Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Saturday, February 8, 2020
- Saturday, February 29, 2020
- Saturday, March 21, 2020
Scheduling an Audition
To schedule an audition, complete the Music Audition Request form. You will receive an email confirmation once your time has been scheduled.
Music Talent Scholarships
Renewable academic merit scholarships of up to $14,000 are awarded based on GPA and ACT/SAT scores. The music department awards renewable talent scholarships to incoming music majors on the basis of the music auditions. These scholarships are in addition to other academic awards and financial aid that you may maybe eligible to receive. Prospective students who audition by March 3 are given priority consideration for music scholarships. Dependent upon existing awards, students auditioning after March 3 may be able to compete for scholarships.
For More Information
Recruiting Coordinator, Assistant Professor