Financial Aid is available for summer school classes and is awarded to students based on 2 academic year FAFSAs and the Summer Aid Application. For Summer 2020, you will need the 2019-20 FAFSA and the 2020-20 FAFSA on file, as well as the 2020 Summer Aid Application (available Feb. 2020).
Summer Financial Aid is based on the following guidelines:
- You must enroll at least half-time to receive financial assistance. (Undergraduate half-time is a minimum of 6 credits. Graduate half-time is a minimum of 3 credits.)
- Financial Assistance during the summer is limited to Student Loans and/or Student Employment (separate application required for employment awards). Grant funds are generally NOT available.
- Requests for financial assistance for attendance at another campus (visiting campus) will be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis. If approved, we cannot guarantee the aid will be available at the beginning of your enrollment period. You must be prepared to make satisfactory payment arrangements with the visiting campus until the funds can be sent.
- Courses taken at a visiting campus and approved for financial aid must be approved, in advance, for transfer credit by the Viterbo University Registrar Office.
- Applications for summer financial assistance are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Other important information:
- If you are awarded a "2019-20" Federal Direct Student Loan for the summer, you have eligibility remaining for the current year. Your summer loan will be credited against current year maximum(s) and will NOT affect your loan eligibility for 2020-21.
- If you are awarded a "2020-21" Federal Direct Student Loan for the summer, you have fully utilized your current year maximum(s). If you accept the award offered for summer school it will reduce the amount of Federal Direct Student Loan available to you for the 2020-21 academic year by the amount you accept for summer.
- Summer financial aid awards will not be applied to your bill until 10 days prior to the start of the summer semester.
- You must provide immediate written notification to the Financial Aid Office of any changes to your enrollment status (credit load, start and end dates, etc.).
- Financial Aid awarded for attendance at a "visiting campus" will be sent directly to the visiting campus after any applicable summer tuition owed to Viterbo is applied. If you are entitled to a "refund" of financial aid after all applicable charges are deducted, the refund will be made to you by the visiting campus.
- All paperwork for summer financial aid must be completed and/or submitted to the Financial Aid Office on or before August 1, 2020 or you will be deemed ineligible for assistance for the summer semester.