- Class attendance correlates with your grade in class—you must be present to learn.
- Read all course materials.
- Complete and submit assignments on time.
- Prepare and study for exams in advance.
Use Your Syllabus
- Look for assignments and due dates.
- Find your faculty contact information.
- Attend campus events, join clubs, attend service trips or find other ways to be involved.
Being a Full-Time Student is a Full-Time Job
- For every hour in class you should spend two hours outside of class for study.
- Use a planner and fill in with assignment due dates from your course syllabus.
- Check out the Academic Resource Center website for time management tips.
Get to Know Your Professors and Academic Advisor
- Professors can help with class material and test preparation.
- Advisors can assist with career plans and serve as potential references.
Use Your Resources
- Eat well.
- Get plenty of rest and exercise.
You are Your Own Best Advocate—Ask for Help!
- Contact the Center for Student Success for assistance by calling 608-796-3084; emailing email@example.com; or use the chatbox in the Center for Student Success tab on the left.