Join Campus Ministry for our Magnify Retreat Friday, March 27th –Sunday, March 29th, 2020.
Deadline to register is Wednesday, March 18th.
What is Magnify?
Magnify is a student-led Christian retreat (founded in the Catholic Franciscan tradition) with the goal of helping students live a more complete and dedicated Christian life through the building of an intentional and vibrant community. Persons of all faith traditions are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- escape the stress of your busy student life for a weekend
- have the opportunity to talk openly about your faith, your doubts, and your fears
- live a life of prayer and learn more about Christ
- make connections with other students and members of your community who are striving to live a full Christian life
- have a chance to be YOU, just as God so masterfully created!
What it is…
- a chance to experience a vibrant Christian community while having the opportunity to (re)discover and renew your faith. This is done through small-group discussions, reflections on speaker talks and meditations, time for ritual, time for prayer and contemplation, and opportunities to build new relationships with other students.
What it is not…
- a basic course in the creed, the commandments, doctrine, etc.
How much does it cost?
- $20 for Viterbo students
- $75 for non-Viterbo students
- If there is a need for financial assistance, please contact Emilio Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I sign up?
- Fill out the web form at the bottom of this page as soon as possible. Sign up deadline is March 18th.
When and where is this thing?
- Meet us at the San Damiano Chapel on Friday, March 27th, at 3:30 p.m. We will then board our bus to head to Camp Gray (Reedsburg, Wis.), where we will stay the remainder of the weekend.
- You will return to the Viterbo campus by 5:30-6 p.m. at the latest on Sunday, March 29th.
What do I bring?
- Once you fill out registration, you will be sent a more detailed packing list. Nothing out of the ordinary is expected. You'll bring clothing, pillow, bedding/sleeping bag, towel, toiletries, water bottle, and anything else you need to be comfortable. You will be encouraged to leave all electronics and homework at home/school to allow for space from the distractions of everyday life.