- Viterbo nurses consistently perform above the national average on the NCLEX, with over 90% passing the NCLEX the first time.
- Job placement rates averages 100%.
- The Academic Resource Center (ARC) provides study skills, test-taking skills, individual and group tutoring, writing and reading specialists.
- Nursing faculty advisors are provided.
- Full-time nursing faculty hold a minimum of a master's degree.
- Many faculty maintain a clinical practice.
Special Features of the Program
- Up-to-date, fully equipped skills labs and Clinical Simulation Learning Center (CSLC) facilities
- Study abroad programs, providing valuable nursing experience in other cultural settings
- Viterbo Student Nurses' Association, a very active and dynamic chapter of the Wisconsin Student Nurses' Association
- Pi Phi the local chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Choosing the Right Program
Sometimes it's hard to know what to ask when searching for the right program. This information is provided to help you make an informed decision when choosing the right college for you. Ask these questions at other schools and see how their answers compare to Viterbo.
Q. What is the faculty/student ratio at the clinical sites during the various rotations?
A. One faculty member per 6–8 students
Q. When do clinical rotations begin?
A. Second semester sophomore year
Q. How many hours per week are spent on clinical and lab settings?
A. Sophomore: 8 hours per week; junior: 11 hours per week; senior: 9 hours per week for all courses with the exception of the capstone course, which can be as high as 17 hours per week
Q. What are the clinical rotations that each student will experience?
A. Sophomore: long-term care; junior: medical/surgical, maternity, pediatrics; senior: advanced medical/surgical, psychiatric/mental health, public health, and an intensive clinical course supervised by preceptors
Q. How many hours per week are spent in the classroom?
A. On average, students spend 4–8 hours/week in the classroom learning about nursing practice