Skip to main content
Ten Tips for Improving Time Management
- Concentrate on one thing at a time.
- Plan your day—preferably the night before. Set priorities for yourself.
- Keep a daily planner or calendar with you to jot down the things you have to do or notes to yourself.
- Avoid wasting time—all time can be useful, even small segments of time. Use this time to review notes or preview material for the next class.
- Reward yourself when you get things done as planned, especially the important ones.
- Set deadlines for yourself whenever possible.
- Stop regretting failures and learn from your mistakes.
- Remind yourself, "There is always enough time for the important things." If it is important, make time to do it.
- Examine and revise your long-term goals on a monthly basis. Reflect on progress towards those goals frequently. Also have daily or short term goals.
- Post reminders about your goals in obvious places, e.g., in your room, in your planner, etc.