Skip to main content
- Pay attention to any directions on the exam or given verbally.
- Cover the choices with your hand or a blank piece of paper (if allowed).
- Read the question and circle or underline the key words in the question.
- See if you can determine your own answer before looking at the choices.
- Mark any questions you are unsure of and return to them later.
- Read all the choices.
- Narrow the choices by eliminating those that are obviously incorrect.
- Review the test. Using the information you've acquired while taking the test, answer questions that you were not sure of.
- Check your answers. Change responses only if you read a question incorrectly or if you recall additional information. If you do not know the answer, make an educated guess. Never leave an answer blank.